Picking the right gym is just as important as your commitment to your New Year’s Resolution!
In early January, health clubs are flooded with people who have made a New Year’s resolution to lose weight or get in shape. They sign up for a year or two, sometimes paying the full membership amount IN FULL up front to save some money. The sad fact of the matter is that by mid February, the overwhelming majority of those people will have abandoned their resolution. Reasons for this abandonment vary, but some of the common reasons are:
- Not enough time
- Lack of progress
- Pain or Injury
- Lack of motivation
- Lack of accountability
- Lack of support
- Gym is too crowded
IT’S NOT YOUR FAULT
There are probably a dozen other reasons that I haven’t listed, but many of these reasons are the fault of the health club or gym. BIG GYMS ARE NOT SET UP TO HELP YOU. Sorry to burst your bubble. Big gyms rent equipment to you in the form of your membership. They prey on the fact that most people will sign up in January, not come back after mid-February, yet still pay for the year or two membership. If EVERYONE who signed up in January continued to use the gym throughout the year, there wouldn’t be nearly gym space. They would need to build a gym three times larger to accommodate all the members. Additionally, many big gyms will sign people up for a full year or more of personal training at the cost of $5,000 or more. Then 4 weeks later, the trainer gets fired or leaves, and the client is on the hook for 11 months of training with a new trainer – a process that might happen more than once in a calendar year.
The DR Fitness Systems Membership
We have created a new membership program that takes in to account all the reasons most people don’t succeed with their New Year’s Resolutions. I’ll get right to the details of what we offer:
- Beginning measurements and movement assessment
- Guidance to get you started on a proper exercise program – Maximize your time in the gym
- A customized approach to YOUR WANTS AND NEEDS (Does your shoulder hurt when you lift something above your head? We will teach you exercises to resolve this problem.)
- Ongoing support when you hit a hurdle or plateau
- Regular measurement check ups
- Nutritional support
- We are a free-weight and body-weight based training facility – You learn to control and move your body before adding external resistance
- No mirrors
- No guys in tiny tank tops checking themselves out in the mirror.
- I’ll repeat – No guys in tiny tank tops checking themselves out in the mirror.
- Our clients are amazingly supportive of each other.
- Additionally, we have many other resources to help you succeed.
I could add many, many more but I think you get the idea. Nobody makes a New Year’s Resolution knowing full well they will fail. But choosing the wrong gym will actually make it more difficult to succeed. Making lifestyle changes is difficult enough. Your gym shouldn’t stand in your way. Give us a call to set up a free consultation and see what we’re all about. We think you’ll like how we do things.